The Gentlemen's Blog to Midnite Cinema Opens It's Doors


Hey folks. Over the years I've mentioned podcasts time and time again. Hell, I've even been known to helm one or two in my time (a great example would be The Who Doctors, plug plug).Back a couple of years ago, podcasts really drove me back into the genre film world, and that was mostly thanks to the folks from Cinema Diaboica, Outside the Cinema, and The Gentlemen's Guide to Midnite Cinema. Now all of these podcasts (and many other great ones) can be found on itunes or through the forums at http://www.palavr.com/forum.php, but I'm here to talk about one specific podcast, and that is The Gentlemen's Guide. First off, let me say that there are not two nicer fellows around than Big Willie and the Samurai, and I love to listen to their show every week. Lately, they've been bombarding the airwaves with their coverage of the Toronto International Film Fest, and those are some of my favorite shows each year listening as they give a peek into genre offerings that hopefully will come to light soon.

Wanting to take the show and expand it into something bigger, the fellows came up with starting an online version of the show called The Gentlemen's Blog to Midnite Cinema. In order to do so they formed a special, elite, covert commando strike force of skilled, expert reviewers and writers for the blog. First off there is Aaron of the esteemed site The Death Rattle  who always comes through with an entertaining and informative review. Then there's writer and sometimes GGTMC co-host  Pickleoaf who hails from one of my favorite blogs Assorted Loaf. If it runs the gambit from trash to treasure, the The Loaf has probably talked about it at one time or another. Next up is some character called Matt-Suzaka. That's right. Matt didn't have enough on his plate writing for Chuck Norris Ate My Baby and Paracinema: The Blog, so he's agreed to bring his wild and woolly to the Gentlemen's Blog. I'm just hoping he doesn't bring his collection of mesh shirts as well. the next member of the Gentlemen team isn't a gentlemen at all, but that's only because she is one classy dame! I'm talking about my good blogger buddy Emily from The Deadly Doll's House of Horror Nonsense ( who coincidentally I'll be doing another film swap tomorrow ). I love Emily, and I'm sure he's put a real woman's touch on the place, a real bloody, messy, gory touch, but a touch none the less. The Gentlemen's Blog also promises to feature articles from Big Willie and the Samurai as well as co-host and blogger Rupert Pupkin of Rupert Pupkin Speaks. There seems to be someone I'm forgetting on this list. Oh yeah, me, Zachary of the good ol' LBL! I will also be joining the team and bringing my own personal brand of tomfoolery into the Gentlemen's Blog world.

So if this cast of deviants and degenerates doesn't convince you that you need to be following the Gentlemen's Blog, then I don't know what else to do. I suppose I'll have to send Henry Silva, George Eastman, and The Het to do a little personal convincing. I don't want to have to do that so head over to The Gentlemen's Blog to Midnite Cinema now and start checking it out!

1 comment:

  1. Ha, forget the mesh, I'm going shirtless and covered on baby oil!

    ReplyDelete