Buggin' On Shorts: XYZfear - The Haunted House that Misfires

Hey folks. I was poking around for a short horror film to share with you folks when I ran across XYZfear. Apart from having a title that has nothing I can discern to do with the film, I found it to be a a pretty interesting short. The concept, a group of people scaring off patrons at their "haunted house", was both interesting and original, but after watching the video, I had to run it again because I was sure I missed something. Apparently what I missed was the two minutes they cut from the short to make it fit on YouTube. The two minutes that might have made the ending have some kind of logic to it.

So I decided to share it with you folks for two reasons. First off, I was entertained by the plot as well as the twist and better than average acting for a short. However secondly, I wanted to give film makers interested in sharing their short on-line this simple advice. Split your film up into two parts. Or three if you have to. If I can see the potential, but then get denied ten percent of the film's running time, it undoes all the fine work that went into your film. Still, XYZfear is still worth a look, and I do hope that someday I might stumble across the 12 minute version and figure out what in the world went on in the end of this thing.

1 comment:

  1. jervaise brooke hamsterJanuary 29, 2011 at 6:32 PM

    That was an appalling 10 minutes (although the birds were gorgeous) but it was still 1000 times better by itself than everything that has ever been produced by the British film industry put together over the last 122 years since the invention of the cinematograph circa 1889, just to put things into perspective again and to hopefully ensure that you Zachary never waste your time watching anymore British made garbage ever again in the future.

    ReplyDelete